Сайт дистанционной школы. г. Калининград

Сайт комитета по образованию администрации городского округа "Город Калининград"

Официальный сайт Министерства образования Калининградской области

Официальный сайт Министерства образования и науки Российской Федерации

Федеральный портал "Российское образование"

Единая коллекция цифровых образовательных ресурсов

Федеральный центр информационно-образовательных ресурсов

Школьные олимпиады Калининградской области

English Challenge Contest

Главная » Все об English Challenge » English Challenge News

Challenge -2018. Блок 2. Library
23/11/2017, 22:08

Блок 2. Library (41 points)

Задания подготовили:
Елисеева А.И.,  МАОУ лицей № 49 (task 2.2)
Власова Е.Э., МАОУ ШИЛИ (task 2.1.)

При подготовке заданий использовались методические рекомендации Романовой Н.Ю.

1. Обязательных заданий нет. Чем больше заданий и блоков выполнено, тем больше шансов стать победителем. Внимание: победитель будет определён по суммарным баллам всех блоков.
2. Сначала используйте черновик для записи ответов.
3. Задания можно отправлять с 15 января по 10 февраля 2018 с помощью этой электронных форм:
форма для задания 2.1. (кроссворд) и форма для задания 2.2. (по М.Твену)
4. Если возникли вопросы, пиши englchallenge@gmail.com (Наталья Юрьевна)

Главная страница с заданиями

Task 2.1.  Solve the crossword puzzle. (16 points)

Вы можете использовать электронную версию кроссворда для проверки своих вариантов. Кликните по номеру в кроссворде, чтобы увидеть определение и окошко для ввода.

Внимание!  Отправлять ответы необходимо с помощью специальной электронной формы для кроссворда, вписывая отдельные слова. В другом виде ответы НЕ учитываются.

Форма для задания 2.1. (кроссворд)

Cross

4 - Greek play about the Jason (of Argonauts fame) and his betrayed wife.

6 - “She is a miserable flower girl. He is a strict English language teacher. Will they be happy?” Name the play.

7 - He wrote a play about a fright, a famous literature woman and two couples talking about it.

9- Shakespeare’s play about Duke  Prospero  and his daughter

13 - The night number is the play by William Shakespeare.

14 - He wrote “The Streetcar Named Desire”

15 - Irish-born playwright, poet, novelist who established Aesthetic movement in literature of the 19th century.

Down

1- A relative in the name of Chekhov’s play.

2- The opera by Brecht cost three … what?

3- Shakespeare’s play.

5-Ionesko, O’Neill and one of the Pushkin’s characters are united by it.

7 -The daughter of Oedipus who fought King Creon and gave her name to that Greek play.

8 - Approach in literature that shows life without ornamentations and romance.

10 -A play by Moliere.

11 - Shakespeare’s play that takes place in Venice and Cyprus.

12 - A young woman whose death became the reason of making two families friends again.

Task 2.2. (25 points)

Read three extracts from “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” by Mark Twain. Answer the questions.

In chapter 8 Huck is hiding in the woods, where he meets Jim, who has just escaped from the plantation.
   “Jim, why are you there?” I says.  Нe  looked pretty uneasy, and he didn’t say nothing for a minute. “Maybe I better not tell.” “Why, Jim?” “Well, dey’s reasons. But you wouldn’t get angry at me ef I uz to tell you, wouldn’t you, Huck?” ”Blamed if I would, Jim.” “I run off…old Missus Watson warn’t very nice to me and one night I hear old missus going to sell me to a slave trader for $800.  So, I run off quickly”.

This second night we run between seven or eight hours…We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then not to fall asleep.

In this extract from Chapter 12 Huck describes his journey along the Mississippi.

It was kind of solemn, moving slowly down the big, quiet river, laying on our backs looking up at the stars, and we didn’t ever feel like talking loud, and it wasn’t often that we laughed – only a little kind of a low laugh…Every night we passed towns, some of them away up on black hillsides, nothing but just a shiny bed of lights. …The fifth night we passed St. Louis, and it was like the whole world lit up. In St. Petersburg they used to say there were twenty or thirty thousand people in St. Louis, but I never believed it till I see that wonderful spread of light at two o’clock that still night. There wasn’t a sound there; everybody was asleep. Every night we passed towns, some of them away up on black hillsides, nothing but just a shiny bed of lights, not a house could you see.
In this extract from Chapter 12 Huck tells how he gets food for Jim and himself.

Every night now I used to lift the raft towards ten o’clock to go to some little village, and buy ten or fifteen cents’ worth of meal or bacon or other stuff to eat, and sometimes I lifted a chicken, and took him along. Pap always said, take a chicken when you get a chance, because if you don’t want him yourself you can easy find somebody that does. …Mornings before daylight I slipped into cornfields and borrowed a watermelon, or a mush melon, or a pumpkin, or some new corn, or things of that kind.

Answer the questions: Форма для задания 2.2. (по М.Твену)
1. Why did Jim run away? (2 points)

2. What caused the “shiny bed of lights” in your opinion? (2 points)

3. In Chapter 8 the way Jim and Huck speak is typical of uneducated people of Twain’s times. Can you spot the inaccuracies? How would you say the same things in correct English? (7 points)

4. Who do you think Miss Watson and what was her relationship to Jim? ( 2 points)

5. The Mississippi river is not only the setting for the novel but it is also the symbol of what Huck and Jim are looking for. What does it mean to them? (2 points)

6. Silence reigns over the river and the two characters. Find words/expressions in the text supporting the statement. (2 points)

7. How did Huck find food? (2 points)

8. Do you think Huck really “borrowed food”? Give reasons for your answer. (2 points)

9. Why is it difficult to define traditional American food? (4 points)

Задания можно отправлять с 15 января по 10 февраля 2018 с помощью этой электронных форм:

форма для задания 2.1. (кроссворд)

форма для задания 2.2. (по М.Твену)

Главная страница с заданиями

Добавил: englishforyou49 |
Просмотров: 874 | Рейтинг: 0.0/0
Всего комментариев: 0

20/09/2018

Новости по категориям

English Challenge News [58]

Поиск

Counter

Онлайн всего: 1